Children’s Justice Center Volunteer Program
The Friends of the Washington County Children’s Justice Center (WCCJC), Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization established to support the Children’s Justice Center. The board is made up of volunteers from the private and business community. The function of the board is to raise operational funds for the center as well as raise awareness of child abuse and prevention within our community. We are always looking for individuals interested in either becoming a member of the board or a volunteer.
Ways to Volunteer~
There are many other ways you can simply volunteer to help the WCCJC if sitting on a Board is not suitable to you. Are you an electrician, woodworker, gardener, carpenter, writer, artist, civic leader, boy scout, church leader, scrap-booker, photographer, or business owner?
- Friends Board Member
- Members of the Friends Board meet together for a monthly lunch-hour meeting to discuss and plan fund-raising activities, events and community awareness projects that take place throughout the year to help raise funds for maintaining the operations of the Children’s Justice Center. All positions are volunteer-based only.
- Fundraising Committees/Special Events
- Join a committee or donate an item for us to use for events or help out with volunteering at one of our community events.
- Household Maintenance
- Painting projects, cleaning, general fix-up needs, windows, woodwork, storage shelving, etc.
- Clerical Support
- File, type, make phone calls, stuff envelopes, help around the office a few hours or a few days a month
- Special events, public awareness classes and other events that need publication and advertising
- Take photos at our fundraisers and community events
- Boy Scout, Girl Scout, Church or Civic Groups projects
- Contact us for ideas. We’ll also be happy to provide a speaker for your meetings.
Let Us Use Your Talents! Let us know what you love to do – we probably have a project for you!
Click here for printable volunteer application and Click here for printable CJC Release of Information Form to fill out and bring into the Center